Friday, November 5, 2010

Salsa Recipe

1 can or box diced tomatoes (this one was 26 oz.)
1 can diced fire roasted green chilies (7 oz.)
1/3 cup chopped Cilantro (give or take depending on how you like Cilantro)
Garlic Salt  (I never usually add salt to stuff so 1/2 tsp for me on this)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar (I have a sweet tooth)
1/4 to 1/2 diced onion

I had some really good salsa at a Mexican restaurant and thought it looked simple enough I could make a similar one.  So these are my ingredients.  I like using this boxed tomatoes because seems more tomato sauce to me with fewer big chunks.  I chopped up my green chilies a bit more so my kids don't say "what are those green things?"  Then I just seasoned to taste, added some onion and cilantro.  You can make it as chunky or runny as you like.  The ingredients will taste the same.  If you don't like it too sweet then don't add so much.  I just guess on the amounts every time but it is always good!

No comments:

Post a Comment