Thursday, November 11, 2010

Grandma Pat's Chili

My mother was a very excellent cook.  I don't know what makes someone a Gourmet Cook but she was that to me and many people called her that.  She was also good a doctoring up recipes she would find and making them better.  This chili recipe she made is simple and most excellent.
Ingredients

1-15 oz. can Hot Chili (Nalley's) with beans
1-15 oz. can regular Chili with beans
1 pound Hamburger browned and drained
1-8 oz. can Tomato Sauce
1-12 oz. can V-8 juice (Spicy is good or use original)
1-2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Chili Powder
Garlic Salt, Onion Salt and Pepper to taste

Brown the meat, drain grease, add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.  I taste it and add more seasonings if needed.  My kids eat it with bread and butter or cheese bread, or over burritos and sometime over rice with extra cheese.  It is good on anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment