Monday, October 11, 2010

Painting and Organizing

I am not an artist or creative in any sense of the word.  And have not painted anything but some touch up on the walls and a stool that I painted one color years ago.  But I decided I wanted to paint some of the walls in my house and so I started with one of the bathrooms since it was the smallest room in the house.  Not easiest of course.  My sister-in-law, Julie, helped me with all the taping-since that of course is the hardest part.  Two people painting in a small bathroom without a window for a few hours is probably not the safest for our brains.  Ceiling fans don't do a whole lot.
Very small bathroom, sink on the right, one coat paint down.
Julie dominated on the taping, covering the most area with the roller and painting around the toilet.  One coat is done.  For sure it will need another one.  I wonder if Kyle will notice anything different when he gets home........Surprise!
Julie and I also cleaned out the fridge and freezer.  I love the label maker and I love Julie to spend time with me because she loves to have things organized just as much as Kyle does.  Things have to be grouped together and in alphabetical order and under food groups.  My job is to try and keep it that way.  Some people have that gene-why don't I?   She keeps going back and looking at anything she has organized.  It makes her very "happy".
Emptied and steamed cleaned, label and organize.
Julie wants everything to be in its place.

1 comment:

  1. Painting in a tiny bathroom with no ventilation equals possibly getting a little high and lots of laughs. :) It will look muy bueno with the second coat though!
    I still can't stop staring at the fridge/freezer (the picture) and am pretty sure I will dream about all the things we can label next week. Organization is the key to success. ;) I bet Kyle will say it is totally Fung Shway.
    Thanks for a fun day!!

    ReplyDelete