Monday, October 11, 2010

Iowa State

I just went to Iowa for the first time in my life.  I expected a lot of corn fields and was not disappointed.  
Plowed Corn Field in Iowa
 The weather was just beautiful for October, the trees I saw were all starting to change colors.  All the people and football fans we met were so nice.
Beautiful fall in Iowa
I was nervous for the football game, but I am always nervous no matter who we play.  The hotel was a mile away from a nice mall so I went shopping with Helen.  We had a great time.  We also met the team at the theaters connected to the mall and saw the movie "Secretariat".  Kyle and I love to watch horse racing and have been to the Preakness in Maryland with Under Armour a few times, so we enjoyed it.
Saturday was just another great day!  I got some exercise and got ready to go to the game.  The buses all left at 3:00 to go to the stadium.
Iowa State Stadium
It is nice to get there early when the weather is that nice and just watch the players warming up and going through their routines.
Utes warming up, Iowa State student section gathering.
There was a lot of tailgating going on by the Iowa State fans.  You could smell the aroma of all the BBQ's and good food they had.  We went in the stadium and I had a really good Philly Cheese Steak sandwich.  When I thought about the game, I wondered what I was thinking..........how could I be eating at all?  It did not help my nervous stomach.
It was a good game after the first quarter.  We had two turnovers that Iowa State capitalized off of right away.  Then we calmed down and played well.  It was a nice, relaxing game to watch.  That does not happen too often.  We won 68 to 27.  It was a long way for fans to come but we had a good turn out.
Utah Ute fan section after the game.


The football team giving the fans "five" after the game.
We arrived home around 2 am.  It always makes for a better everything when you win!

2 comments:

  1. I love the title of your blog! I'm looking forward to getting to hear your side of things...

    (and I'm a little excited to be your first commenter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amie is a pro blogger and I'm hoping will dominate with the comments. :)
    Cute picture of Ty in front of Kyle!

    ReplyDelete